Thursday, January 8, 2009

Closing Arguments

One month ago, I announced my candidacy for Chairman of the Republican Party of Iowa. Since that time, I have logged thousands of miles traveling our great state – meeting with party leaders, elected officials and grassroots activists – listening to their ideas on moving our party forward.

These travels have left me energized about the future. Republicans across the state are fired up, ready to fight for our shared values, and have party leadership eager to make the clear distinction between our party and the liberal majority that seeks greater control over your lives and your pocketbook.

My experience in professional sports has taught me that success does not come by the work of one, but many, working together as a team.

I want to be your Chairman so I can lead and inspire our Republican team and get us back in the business of winning elections – and winning those elections without betraying our conservative principles.

To my many supporters, I cannot thank you enough for your confidence. To our state central committee members and Republicans across Iowa, I’m not just asking for your support on Saturday … I’m asking for your trust … your trust that I can provide the leadership to return conservative and principled government back to the people of Iowa.